A lot of ladies I know don’t like to hear the words ‘packing light’ but you’d be surprised at how much you can fit into one backpack.
Budget airlines are great for getting to another place for a fraction of the cost of most airlines, but restrictions and extra baggage fees do add up. I purchased an Osprey Farpoint 40 Litre backpack after doing crazy research on carry-on sized packs. WOWAir still gave me some trouble but here’s how I managed to skip the fees.
Fellas, here’s your guide.
See our video on packing light here.
This will take up the chunk of your space. Ladies, you really only need to pack a weeks worth of clothing. Stick to a basic colour scheme (I went with mostly black), and do a load of laundry every week.
- 4 shirts (3 black t-shirts, 1 black tank-top)
- 7 pairs of underwear (one for every day of the week)
- 1 pair of black leggings
- 1 pair of light sweat pants (for sleeping and comfy time)
- 1 pairs of socks
- Flip-flops (for beach-time and sketchy showers)
- Black comfy loafers (an alternative to my knee-high boots)
- 2 bras / 1 bralette
- Black scarf
- Bikini (you’ll be surprised at how often you may need swimwear)
- Knit headband
- MacBook Pro 13.5 inch w/ charger
- iPhone charger
- European adapter
- Portable charger
Airlines limit you to 100 ml bottles that fit into a 1-quart clear bag – but I promise, it’s not as horrifying as you think. Every liquid product should be in this case including liquid make-up.
- Conditioner (travel size)
- Liquid foundation (full bottle – I use Sephora brand, fortunately their bottles meet the travel requirement)
- Liquid concealer (full bottle – again, Sephora)
- Mascara (full bottle)
- Contact lens solution (transferred into travel sized bottle)
- Facial cleanser (travel size)
- Perfume (travel size – it’ll come in handy when you haven’t washed your clothes)
- Lotion with hand sanitizer
- Hair serum (I have really curly hair and it needs something to tame it)
I used the extra space in Josh’s toiletry bag to fit 100 ml of Shampoo, hand sanitizer, and a lip balm!
Just the simple things to make you look effortlessly put together.
- 1 Small eyeshadow palette (mine has 4 neutral colours – white-ish, light brown, dark brown, and nude-ish pink)
- 2 Lipsticks (1 red – you’ll fit right in with Paris with this, 1 nude)
- 5 make-up brushes (regular sized foundation brush, 2 travel szed eyeshadow brushes, 1 angled brush, 1 eyebrow brush)
- Setting powder
- Eyebrow powder
Misc. (the extra stuff you’ll need)
- DivaCup – ladies, this is a lifesaver when it comes time for sharkweek. Keep an eye out for a special article just on this.
- Extra tampon just in case
- Extra contact lenses (I have 6 months worth packed with me)
- Jewellry bag (I put my favourite neutral pieces in a small zip-loc bag)
- Candies for our host
- Small baggie of hair-ties
- Glasses with case
On my person
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 pair of grey leggings (worn under jeans)
- 1 long sleeve turtleneck
- 1 hoodie
- 1 pair of knee-high boots
- 1 pair of mittens
- iPhone with earphones
- Eye-mask (perfect for getting the extra sleep in)
- Light jacket
- Knit scarf
- Tuna the Ukulele (There was no way I was leaving her behind)